Thursday, June 4, 2009

T-minus 64 hours and counting..... (approximately)

I've been slowly packing away things for this trip for the past week - hopefully I'll be done by the time I go to the airport. The biggest problem, as Kendra mentioned, is deciding whether if certain things are necessary. 

Other than packing, I have also spent some time pondering what I'll be doing exactly in Vietnam. I know that I will be in the ESL program while in Ho Chi Minh City, but that won't be all that I will be doing. I look forward to absorbing Vietnamese culture (except I hope I won't be pick-pocketed, be bitten by numerous bugs, and being involved in other dangerous activities) and improving my language skills. I am not a guy that particularly likes to take pictures, but I will try to take as many pictures as possible to keep track of my journey in Vietnam. 

To my Vietnamese readers, xin chào và tôi mong được gặp bạn.
To my fellow Duke travelers, I look forward to meeting ya'll on the plane and I hope that we will all have a good time.
To everyone else, I hope that you will enjoy our blogs; hopefully you'll learn something from our experience.

Cheers,
Van

No comments:

Post a Comment